Custom Search

Total Pageviews

Friday, February 26, 2010

Still a babe in Christ ?....time to grow up !!!

If I were asked what is the underlying problem with the Church today....
I would no doubt answer that there are too many babe's in Christ...
In many African American Churches is what I have been exposed to, therefore that is what I am speaking of.....

Many of us what a Preacher to make us feel exicted and to feel good and to praise the Lord threw my emotions.....Forget about learning about what God's Word says and especially means.....

Now, I have found some who actually want to be taught the Word of God, and it does alone promote excitement alone, by the text alone.....But not that many.....

Why this problem ???...when I do further study...where do we learn and listen too ?.....Yes, the one that is preaching......

We (Preachers) MUST bring the Word to people by teaching them....One of Jesus last commands was:

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

In Hebrews, the author warns us of not growing up...

Heb 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

Heb 6:2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

We must grow up.....

No comments:

Post a Comment