Custom Search

Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 18, 2010

How's your grip on the Lord ?

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Philippians 4:13

Recommended Reading
Revelation 6:1-8


How many times have we read an account in the news like this: "When I thought I wouldn't survive, I thought of my wife and children. The thought of never seeing them again gave me the strength to hang on. I literally thought I was going to die. Once I survived and was reunited with my family, I realized that the pain and anguish was worth it."

The Book of Revelation pictures a future that is going to be painful for those on planet earth. Not the least of coming travails are those represented by the "Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse" in Revelation 6:1-8. The white horse represents a leader bent on conquering the world; the red horse, worldwide war; the black one, worldwide famine; and the pale horse, death for a fourth of humanity by violent and tragic means. For anyone who becomes a Christian after the Rapture of the Church, that is, during the Tribulation, they will have to ask themselves, "How can I survive?" And the answer will be the same as for Christians who experience suffering now: "through Jesus Christ who strengthens me."

If you are losing your grip on life today, let the promise of seeing Christ face-to-face give you new strength (1 Corinthians 13:12).

Our greatest problem in suffering is unbelief.

No comments:

Post a Comment